There was an error in this gadget

Friday, May 14, 2010

My Life in the Zoo: Legacy Pt.13 Getting Goyfs

Lucky number 13 in the series! It was brought to my attention that I have not been writing much recently. This is mostly due to personal distractions, and there really hasn't been much going on in the front of the house. So I'll take a minute to catch you all up on whats been going on behind the scenes. I've been working a massive trade through CFB, netting a pair of Goyfs, a FoW, a Wasteland, a LED, and a few odds and ends. I was also able to pick up a 3rd Goyf trading in a dual land. I hated to trade away the land, but it was a 20% and a card I needed. I have also been able to pick up several pieces of foil for the deck, including a Pridemage, a full set of foil textless Lightning Bolts, and a 2nd Nacatl. If things go as planned, I'll be able to foil one of my Arid Mesas next week.

I've also made a minor tweak to my list. I have found that Invigorate only reaches max utility when I have a Kavu on the board, other times it's only a mediocre combat trick. I decided to switch one copy for a Swords to Plowshares. It not only increases my utility, while lowering my curve, but I think my Lifer package has become such a well known local threat that many people will continue to play around the Invigorate, bespite the lower odds.

Creatures:
Kavu Predator x4
Kird Ape x4
Tarmogoyf x3
Qasali Pridemage x4
Wild Nacatl x4
Grim Lavamancer x4

Spells:
Invigorate x2
Lightning Bolt x4
Sylvan Library x2
Swords to Plowshares x4
Punishing Fire x3
Umezawa's Jitte x2

Land:
Arid Mesa x4
Grove of the Burnwillows x4
Plateau x3
Savannah
Taiga x2
Windswept Heath
Wooded Foothills x2
Forest, Mountain, Plains 1 each.

I know the fourth Goyf would be better, but I am going to hold of on getting it for now. It is really expensive, and I am way ahead of my expectations at this point. Besides, I'm fully expecting it to be printed in some sort of premium version next year, and I will really want one of those. A fourth Grim Lavamancer will just have to do for now. This puts my Zoo list into it's final stages of completion. I will still be on the look out for a crazy good deal on a Goyf, and any new technology, but for now it's pretty much done. Wow, that feels really good to say. I really didn't expect to get here at all, much less this fast. The next step will be to begin my next Legacy deck.

1 comment:

Beverly said...

It certainly is nice to see a new post.

I'm glad your deck is looking good. Who knew about Goyfs?